Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Missing from the Blog Scene.

So, I haven't been on our blog much, although quite a bit has been happening. I mostly haven't been writing because we're processing things and I'm not quite sure what to actually post on the blog.  Some of it's confidential, a lot of it is emotional, and finally, we are uncertain as to where everything will go.  Based on visiting with lots of other adoptive parents, it sounds like this is all normal.  I decided it's important to me to write down all of our "baby story" so that one day our little one will know how he/she arrived to our family.  But, I think I'll be doing that in hidden posts until I feel ready and OK with posting everything "live".

So, let me talk about what I feel comfortable saying.  WCCO--where did that go?  We got a call last Thursday from the reporter saying he wanted to come out on Saturday.  Jamie called me to see what we should do, and in the mean time the reporter sent him a text that he needed to go on another assignment, but that he promised he'd get to our place soon.  We were pretty relieved.  We need some time to process some things.

We have met with an expecting mother (I met with her twice and Jamie met with her once).  There is a potential that this could be a match for us, but we still have a lot to learn and consider.  We also received a call yesterday from LSS about an expecting mother that would like to meet with us.  Today we found out that she needs more time to consider her adoption plans.  We knew she was meeting with another family, and it sounds like if she chooses adoption, she will match with them.

This experience has been an emotional roller coaster.

We've been very fortunate to have the support of other adoptive families and some close friends that have been on this entire journey with us, we are so thankful for that.

What we could use right now are prayers that the right baby joins our family--and that all of the babies in potential adoptive situations find the right families.

No comments:

Post a Comment