Sunday, April 22, 2012

Math Equations

Jamie has a great way of putting a little humor into our daily lives.  This one struck me as funny, and smart at the same time.

Obviously people know that we met with an expecting mother twice.  Most reactions = EXCITEMENT!  But see it's not all that easy.  Remember we are dealing with PEOPLE and LIVES and want to make sure that the best decision is made for the baby (HUGE in our eyes), for the biological mother and our family.  And, the truth is we're a small part (although in some ways a HUGE part) of that equation!

I was telling Jamie that I received an email from someone that was excited about our potential situation and was  wondering if we were a match.

This is how Jamie described it.  It's like a math equation.  Math equations with one variable can be a little challenging to solve, but math equations with lots of variables are a whole lot harder to solve.  We have one of those math equations with lots (and lots) of variables.

Then he asked if I'd like him to respond to my emails.  Maybe I'll take him up on that offer.  Gotta love that guy!

1 comment: