Sunday, April 1, 2012

Amazing Gift!

In a previous post I wrote about my heightened emotions lately--and the intensity I've been feeling since we started our outreach efforts.  Thursday was a down day for me.  I felt like we were at a standstill, the WCCO interview that was potentially going to be on Wednesday couldn't happen because they couldn't get the staff they needed to film.  If you've read my previous posts, you know how I feel about the interview--very mixed emotions.  SO very grateful for an amazing opportunity to share our story, very few people get a chance like that! SO very overwhelmed with the thought of cameras and a reporter in our home, for a variety of reasons.
Jamie was out of town and I called him to chat.  I told him that I felt emotionally exhausted and talked about my feelings of disappointment....the lull after the excitement.
I went online and posted our Facebook page and some questions about outreach on my online support group, I haven't posted anything for about six months, it was good to get back in contact with others that have been through this.  Then I hung out with our miracle, and started feeling much better.  I grabbed my phone to text Jamie to tell him that my mood hand turned around, and to thank him for listening.  As I was texting him, the phone rang, it was Jamie.  He told me that he just read an email from his friend, Michelle Turnberg.  She's a columnist for the Fargo/Moorhead Inforum, and her article on Sunday is about our adoption outreach efforts through Facebook!!  He forwarded me the article and I read it with tears streaming down my face.  It was great.  The timing couldn't have been better.  (Thank you, God!) We've had so many wonderful people help us on our journey to have another child.  I can't even begin to express my gratitude.  We're blessed.

Here's the article!
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/355872/

Because our sister-in-law, Jesi, shared our adoption Facebook page, Michelle saw it, which lead to the article. Isn't outreach amazing!?

No comments:

Post a Comment