Friday, March 9, 2012

Gulp.

The other day spring was in the air, which means no jackets, which means many more visible pregnant bellies.  I ran into a women that I see frequently, she is pregnant, and it caught me off guard.  I started to get choked up and was glad I had my sunglasses on.  Some days seeing those beautiful, healthy bellies full of a sweet little baby is hard.  I know that most likely I'll never be pregnant again.  And, if I was, my innocence has been lost. I know I could never enjoy pregnancy as I did with Griffin.

Today I saw the cute pregnant belly again.  At the same time Griffin looked at me in my winter coat and said, "Mommy, it looks like you have a baby in your tummy."  Great.  Honestly, if I ever wear a empire waist shirt I ask Jamie if I look pregnant (side note...as if he'd ever say yes!)....anyway, I am so afraid of someone thinking or asking me if I'm pregnant.  I said to Griffin, "You know there isn't a baby in there."  I felt bad for the expecting mother, she knows our history.  When we got in the car I reminded Griffin that I wasn't going to have a baby in my tummy.  He commented that he knew that and that someone was going to give us a baby some day.  Then he said to me, "Don't be sad Mommy, we are going to have a baby some day."  Gosh...that kid picks up on things, doesn't he?

No comments:

Post a Comment