Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Nesting

It started with this feeling of needing to get things done around the house.  Lots of things.  Things that I haven't thought about.  Really, ever thought about.  We need to clean behind the washer and dryer.  The filing cabinet needs to be organized.  The cabinets need washing.  Then I started a list.  And it was long, really long.  So I typed it up.  Jamie joined in and we started crossing stuff off the list.  Let me add that he joined in with a smile on his face.  The guy is great!  One day he called to ask if I wanted him to pick up G from daycare and start dinner or would I rather have him scrub the laundry room floor and clean behind the appliances.  (I picked the latter.) Love that man!

Then it dawned on me that I am nesting. 

I love that.  I am so glad that although I am missing out on a pregnant belly, ultrasounds of my beautiful baby, feeling kicks, people asking me when I am due, wearing cute maternity clothes (and the list goes on).....I am not missing out on nesting.

I am really hoping I don't have to nest for years.  But, if I do, boy will our home be organized!

1 comment:

  1. You're so lucky to have Jamie on board with all your projects...my husband isn't quite there. In fact the new nursery, which was previously his office, still looks like something out of an episode of "Hoarders, Buried Alive".

    ReplyDelete