Saturday, February 4, 2012

Griffin's Comments

As I was getting lunch ready today, Griffin was cutting up some red peppers.  (Sounds more dangerous than it was!)  Out of the blue, he said, "Isn't It sad that my uncle died?"  I responded, "Uncle Jordy?  Yes, it's very sad, but he is happy up in heaven." Then Griffin started asking us all sorts of questions about heaven.  Can Uncle Jordy talk in heaven?  How about walk?  Does he have legs up in heaven?  Jamie told him he had wings.  Could he play with Uncle Jordy in heaven?  Did heaven have swing sets?  Could he fly up on the swing set?  How about toys?  And baby toys, too?  We answered "yes" over and over and told him heaven would be amazing.  After answering yes about the baby toys he smiled and said, "Oh good, because then I can play with my baby in heaven."

I couldn't talk and my eyes welled up with tears.  The little guy still thinks about "his baby".  (The baby that we miscarried in January 2011.)  It will be hard when we explain to him someday--no time soon--that he has 3 other babies to meet in heaven, too.  Hopefully he'll have other babies right here on earth to call his own, too.

2 comments: