Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Griffin's Comments


I was saying bedtime prayers with Griffin on Monday night and he asked me, “Mom, when are we going to get our baby?  We’ve been waiting for 100 years!”  It’s amazing how much a 4 year old boy and a 35 year old woman can relate to each other.

I assured him that it would happen in time (and thought to myself that I better blog this so that I can show him how much he wanted a brother or sister when he’s fed up with him or her later in life!). 

Then he asked, “But, what if no one wants us to have their baby.”  I assured him that we have a happy family and that someone would like their baby to be in our family. ,

This followed with, “But what if the baby already likes their family and wants to stay with them, but we really want the baby?”  So I explained that the Mommy and Daddy had to make the decision.  He asked, “But what if they are sad because they don’t get to keep the baby?”

Heart wrenching.  I KNOW they will be sad.

It’s interesting to me that at 4 and a half, the little guy has the same concerns I do.

He went back to the beginning of the conversation and asked when we’d have a baby because he wants a baby soon.  Then he asked me if I could get the play dough guy he made at Nonna and Poppa’s down from his shelf.  He’s a resilient little bugger.    

No comments:

Post a Comment