Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Week of Hope: Entry #3

Last week I was staffing a booth in support of our upcoming levy.  VOTE YES, PLEASE!

I looked over and saw a women coming down the hall of the school with her husband (who was holding a baby) and their elementary school aged son.  She's an acquaintence I don't know well, but say hello to when I see her.  Several months ago when I was purusing the LSS waiting families list (yes, I do that to see how many matched and births have occurred!)

BREAK--I just stopped to check if our profile is "live" online yet.  Nope.  Bummer.

Anyway, I saw her family on the waiting family list!  The next time I checked it said they were matched!! 

Needless to say we had a lot to talk about.  They have a beautiful baby boy, and listening to their story gave me so much hope.  They had many, many, many possible connections and matches which all failed, as well as other difficulties along the way.  But, here they were, at the end, holding their precious little boy. They never gave up, even though they wanted to at times. 

We talked and talked and talked.  They were so supportive.  We related.  Really, really related.  It felt like I met two kindred spirits. 

We talked about miscarriages and putting adoption on hold because of it.  I commented that many thought we were crazy for telling LSS about our last pregnancy in May due to our reoccurring miscarriages.  They said the same thing we thought--when you have been in a similar situation to the other 60 families that want a baby, too, and have met them at training and know how great they are--you'd tell the truth, too.  It's the right thing to do. 

We commented that we needed to get together--especially after we adopt.

And, I felt more hope that our dreams will come true.  It's been tough, and will be tough, but some day I hope we can be someone else's hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment