Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Promise

Obviously, it's been a bit rough around here lately. We're all about putting one foot in front of the other and picking up the pieces, but it doesn't mean that we aren't grieving. We do plenty of that, too.

This weekend we took a quick trip to the Cities and stayed downtown. I was a bit mopey on Saturday morning thinking about how painful and sad it was to have to go thorough this AGAIN, I really thought that this pregnancy was "meant to be". Jamie responded to my mopeyness with, "Heather, there will be a frickin' happy ending to our story, I know there will be."

Today I was having a rough spell again. During spin class I kept thinking about how sad it was that we were thrilled to be on the adoption route, got surprised with a pregnancy (!!!), only to be let down yet again. I thought about it more in the shower at the Y and cried and cried and cried. (And, yes, I sucked it up and got ready tear free just like any other morning at the Y.) Jamie called to talk about our evening plans and I mentioned that I was having a tough day. His response, "Heather, I promise that we will have another baby, maybe two."

My husband keeps promises. So, I believe him.

No comments:

Post a Comment