Saturday, March 26, 2011

"Washed Up"

One of the things that I've noticed about infertility is the feeling that I am "washed up". Not being able to get pregnant and have a baby makes me feel like my body is broken and old. I'm only 34. ONLY 34. That's actually kinda young, right? Right. So, I need to quit telling myself that I am washed up, broken and old.
I work out 4 days a week at 5:30 a.m. Washed up people don't do that.
Instead of sitting in front of the TV, I play with our son. Washed up people don't do that either.
And, Jamie and I jam pack our days with a whole lot of living. We have fun adventures and make games out of everyday things. Nope, not something that washed up people even care about.
So, I'll be working on new words to describe myself....whole, full of life, vibrant, young and happy......and flat stomached (that may take a while).

And, I'll keep covering my gray hair with highlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment