Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Three Peas in a Pod

Last night after we tucked Griffin into bed, Jamie told me that a few minutes earlier Griffin had tears in his eyes and pulled his white blanket close to his face and said, "Daddy, why did our baby have to go from Mommy's tummy?" I never imagined that 2 1/2 months after our miscarriage he would still be asking these kinds of questions. He only knew about our baby for 2 weeks (although he asked if I had a baby in my tummy a few times before we told him he was going to be a big brother). It's so hard to explain to our sweet little boy, especially since we don't understand it ourselves.

Many times when the three of us are playing, laughing or are out on a family adventure, I think, "We're three peas in a pod." I guess with grief it's no different, we are all still feeling sadness and loss. At least we can grieve together.

2 comments:

  1. I think you've got a very special kiddo there with lots of love to give to a new brother or sister when the time comes. You're in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete