Saturday, March 19, 2011

Photos

I just spent time looking through photos on my computer to select which ones we will use for our adoption profile and website. Those of you that know me well know that I have a camera with me most of the time, so this project may take several months! :)
It was fun looking back at all of the things we do as a family. We're definitely all about experiences. We're the kind of parents that encourage puddle splashing, early morning leaf crunching in our PJs and trying new things. We have a great life.

Looking at the photos also conjured up different emotions--the photo of us on the hayride reminded me of the cute baby girl and her older brother (who was younger than Griffin) that we saw at the event....it was hard for me to get past that, the photo of us tubing was taken just before we were about to start IVF....I had so much hope that I'd be pregnant and nearly due about now, and the photo of Griffin at a local small town festival reminded me of the trips we didn't take in the summer so that we could save money for our procedures.




Mixed emotions, but overall, life IS great. We are blessed in so many ways. We have so much support and love from others and for each other. We WILL get through this. I can't wait to hold our baby in my arms and know that it was all worth it!!




2 comments:

  1. This brought tears to my eyes...your writing is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO much! Your support means a ton to me!

    ReplyDelete